26 April 2008

amelia's reject

i did this illustration for amelia's magazine, the theme was "positive future", unfortunately it wasn't selected for their next issue, i did however get an email which was pretty funny saying:
As I also don't have time to respond to you individually, here are the main reasons why yours may not have been chosen: I hope they are helpful:
A lot of people did not properly explore the subject matter or respond to the brief and resources provided properly.
It was not the right size or shape for my pages.
Your style is not right for me.
You will probably know which one of these applies to you, and I hope that you will buy the mag to see the illustrations which made it - the next issue looks great.
i like how at the end of the 'tutorial' they still try to get you to buy the magazine.


No comments: